Sunday, December 7, 2014

Begin Again

Hello blogger world. It's been a while.

When I was a teenager I ran a blog for about five years called Victory Rose For Christ, had great fun, and made many wonderful friends. 

I began a new adventure called college which ended my blogging for a few years. One day I was inspired to start writing anew, and created a lovely little blog. I wrote maybe two posts, college consumed my life once again, and now I cannot even remember the name of the blog. So much for that.

The truth is, writing just isn't my thing. Never was. I can write very well and have received high grades and praise from a number of professors on the quality of my papers. But I don't love writing. So why am I here. Again. Starting a new blog. 

I am here because of that very reason. I want to learn how to write. Not just within the box of MLA or APA format; but to write freely in a way that speaks to other people's thoughts, emotions, and experiences. I want learn how to write in a way that is beautiful and refreshing, but stay true to who I am. I want to love writing. 

This year I graduated with my associates degree and began my first semester at Olivet College majoring in Journalism and Mass Communication yet I hate writing. It has been an amazing ride. I also had the opportunity to become involved with the student newspaper The Echo even though I hate writing. I was a layout and design assistant and loved my job. I had no idea what I was doing, but I loved it. 

Through my semester experiences and following several lovely blogs, I made up my mind to try again. This is going to be an experiment for me. You can expect to find posts on the subjects I love, am passionate about, find interesting, or just want to ramble about. These include but are not limited to faith, my constant love/hate relationship with food, geeky topics {read: Marvel, Lord of the Rings, Dr. Who}, college and career endeavors, crafts and DIY projects, my love of well dressed men {not Beiber wanna-be's, but men who dress with class}, and current events. I am going to love writing.

So hello again, blogger world. It's nice to be back.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I think you are off to a good start! I will bug you if you stop writing or pause for too long between posts ;)

Unknown said...

I am counting on you! :)