Friday, February 20, 2015

Caffè Amore

10 Healthy reasons to drink coffee- http://www.rxwiki.com/slideshow/10-healthy-reasons-drink-coffee





College taught me to love coffee. I don't know about you, but there is something so comforting about a cup of coffee. The thought of going home on a cold day and curling up by the fire with a soft blanket, mushy pillow, and a big cup of hot coffee {with the steam curling up into the air every so silently} makes me sigh with happiness.

That may seem cheesy {even downright stupid} but it is so true! Maybe it's not even the actual coffee that makes me happy but the social aspect that accompanies it. After all, when individuals start paying anywhere from $5.00 to $10.00 for a beverage they could make at home, there has to be something to it.

People drink coffee for a number of reasons. Some to get them through the morning {it may be the one thing that gets them out of bed}, to stay up all night to finish that final paper due at an 8 a.m. class, some might simply enjoy the rich flavors, and others might drink coffee for the mere social interaction associated with it.

Whatever the reason, people all around the world love coffee {or tea which is cool, too}.

Now why am I rambling about this drink that comes from a little bean in South America? I honestly have no idea. Last night, around 11 p.m. I had the sudden thought of opening...a coffee shop. Yes, a coffee shop. I was on Pinterest for the next hour finding cozy cafe designs for inspiration, and was texting back and forth with my friend Amanda about my plans.

Imagine a little two story building that had an Italian cafe feel to it, with the upstairs as an open room with tables, chairs, and couches where students could study and talk. I would be in charge of marketing, my sister who currently works at Biggby Coffee would be the barista, my mom would be the baker in charge of all the homemade pastries, and the list goes on! Do I think this will actually happen? Not really, but it's an enchanting dream nevertheless.

Do me a favor. Stop reading, close your eyes and think of the word coffee. What do you think of? Emotions? Colors? Smells? Memories? Leave me a comment and let me know!

Here's what I think of:
Dark brown. Smooth. The smell of coffee grounds. Happiness. Contentment. Rich, earthy colors. Special moments and conversations with friends. Mom. Peace. Early morning. Sugar. Cream. Curling steam.

No comments: